Public Service Announcement
Maui Oceanfront Marathon
Sunday January 17, 2021
1. There will be traffic delays and detours on South Kihei
Road on Sunday morning, between 4:30 AM and 7 AM.
2. South Kihei Road will be closed at the North Kihei Road junction from
5AM to 7AM.
3. Please watch for 1800 runners who will mostly be on the shoulder of the
road between Wailea and Lahaina until noon on Sunday.
4. Please use the Pi’ilani Hwy to get to Wailea between 4:00 AM and 7 AM
on Sunday rather than South Kihei Road. The Maui Oceanfront Marathon will
run north from Wailea on South Kihei Road, North Kihei Road and Hwy 30 to
South Front Street in Lahaina. Runners will be running on the shoulder of
the road in the makai lane (Ocean) into Lahaina until noon on Sunday.
5. Northbound traffic is open without delays on the race route
6. South bound traffic from Lahaina should watch carefully for runners
inside the tunnel between 6:30 AM and 11 AM.
7. In Lahaina, Front Street is closed between Prison Street and Shaw
Street in both directions. South Front Street is closed south bound
between Shaw and Highway 30.
8. H30 south from Lahaina to the 5K start line is closed at Hokiokio
Place and Kai Hele Ku at Launiupoko Park detouring all southbound traffic
up to H3000, known as the Lahaina Bypass, to proceed south, leaving the
southbound lane for runners from 6:30 to 10AM. Puamana Park and Launiupoko
Park is open and accessible via the Bypass or the southern connector.
Note: Buses, surfers and fisherman should approach this area via the south
bypass (last) northbound entrance.