Sun, Jan 14|
Half Marathon will start at Ma'ala'e'a
This Point to Point half marathon will run north to Launiupoko Beach Park. Link to course map: https://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/5816973049/
Time & Location
Jan 14, 2024, 6:40 AM HST
Maalaea, 15 Kapoli St, Wailuku, HI 96793, USA
About The Event
Pay Parking at Maalaea Parking lot. Park nearest the Union Gas Station end of the parking lot.
Approach the event by turning on Kapoli Street at the Union Gas Station.
- Parking is $2/hr with locals able to park free with HI driver license.
- Shuttle Bus will bring you back to the parking lot if no one loves you and you don't want to hitch hike.
- Course Map: https://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/5816973049/
- The Maui Oceanfront Half Marathon is a Point to Point starting at Ma'alalea and ending near Launiupoko Beach Park.
- The finish line park is oceanfront about 2.7 miles south of the previous finish line in Lahaina.
- See the Time Line for race start time, number pick up and shuttle bus schedule.
- The A Wave is for the fastest 100 runners who filled out the estimated finish time on the entry form.
- The B Wave is alphabetically random so families with same last name can run together
- The C Wave is ditto above.
- The overall winner must be in the first A Wave and compete with the other fast competitors.
- The Shuttle Bus schedule is on the back of your race number.
- There are many places for family and friends to park oceanfront, watch the whales, sunrise and support your run.
- There is a finishers medal and first place age division award (5-year age divisions) for this race as well as a souvenir Maui Oceanfront Event race shirt.
- There is bus transportation from the Marathon start line in Wailea to the Half Marathon Start line.
- Traditional Hawaiian entertainment will be awaiting you along with your finishers medal and snacks
- You will get a HydraPak cup to carry with you the whole race for your water and gatorade.
- Don't forget to get one and don't throw it away or you will have to share with a nice A student.
- No paper one-use cups are on the course.