top of page
Sun, Jan 16|
Papalaua State Wayside Beach Park
The Maui Oceanfront 15K
This point to point 15K (9.3 mile) race starts with a Hawaiian Blessing while the whales watch you.
Registration is ClosedSee other events
Time & Location
Jan 16, 2022, 6:35 AM – 12:00 PM
Papalaua State Wayside Beach Park, Lahaina, HI, USA
About The Event
Free parking at the Prison Street Parking lot in Lahaina, corner of Front & Prison. If full park on street parking is free for 3 hours or use pay parking lots in town.
- The 15K race is a point to point with the start Papaluau Wayside State Park (Beach) on Highway 30 about 8 miles south of Front Street and about 1 mile north of the tunnel you will drive through on the way to Lahaina from Kihei.
- Map of 15K: https://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/copy/4763716411/
- The race starts at the bottom of the hill and is flat and fast all the way to the finish in Lahaina.
- Check the time line for race start time ad race number pick up locations and more.
- The Shuttle Bus schedule from Wailea or Kaanapali is on the back of your race number to Prision Street or from Prison Street parking to your start line.
- The first 8.3 miles is oceanfront.
- The last 3.5 miles will have the oceanfront traffic lane dedictated to you.
- You will run north against traffic on the shoulder or bike path of the road.
- The Ocean to your left, the rising sun will be at your back, and the west Maui Mountains on your right.
- The last mile begins at the south end of the beginning of Front Street running along the quiet picturesque Front Street with oceanfront homes on your left.
- The finish line is at the oceanfront Kamehameha Iki Park which is one block south of the famous Banyan Tree Square and the Lahaina Yacht Harbor.
Note: The start line at Papalaua Beach is listed on some maps as Papalau Beach and also known locally as Grandma's.
bottom of page