Sun, Jan 16 | Kamehameha Iki Park
The Maui Oceanfront 5K Run - Walk
See whales and maybe a rainbow on this 5K point to point oceanfront race. The right side of the rainbow is on our finish line.
Time & Location
Jan 16, 2022, 8:30 AM – 12:00 PM
Kamehameha Iki Park, 525 Front St, Lahaina, HI 96761, USA
About The Event
Free parking at the Prison Street Parking lot in Lahaina, corner of Front & Prison. If full park on street for 3 hours free or use pay parking lots in town.
- See the time line for start time, number pickup, and shuttle bus schedule for this point to point event.
- The Shuttle Bus schedule from Wailea or Kaanapali is on the back of your race number to Prision Street or to your start line.
- The 5K Run-Walk will start 3.1 miles south of the finish line at Kamehameha Iki Park on Highway 30.
- The course is flat and fast.
- The start line is at a wide scenic pull out we call Lone Palm Point because there is only one palm there..
- If you are staying in the Kaanapali area take the shuttle bus from Whalers Village to the start line.
- From Lahaina buses will pick up from the Prison Street parking (near the finish) in Lahaina stop and then drop off 5K Runners at the 5K start line. Check for shuttle times on the back of your your race number.
- If you are dropping off a spouse or friend doing the 15k at their Papalaua Beach start line you will have time to get back to the above parking areas to take the 5k shuttle bus.
- The course is very scenic along the oceanfront and has several places for spectators to park, picnic, take pictures of you, and enjoy the ocean views while waiting for you to pass by.
- Just past the 2 mile mark or with one mile to go, you will make a left turn onto Front Street and do the last .8 mile along side oceanfront homes and finish north of and adjacent to 505 Front Street a block south of the Banyan Tree square.
- The finish line is in front of Kamehameha Iki Park at the very south end of old Lahaina Town. This is the area where King Kamehameha lived and played. Traditional Hawaiian Canoes are built and displayed here. Nice beach with views of Lanai and the Harbor. see Yahoo Map
- Traditional Hawaiian entertainment will be awaiting you along with your finishers medals and snacks.